Rick Steves' Europe puts on lots of events (often free) in the Seattle area and beyond. Here's the latest:
Europe 2014: Rick's Summer Travels
Saturday, September 20 at 10 a.m.
Rick is just back from four months of European travel and reports on his latest discoveries made while updating his guidebooks. He'll share tips and fun in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia and Poland. Plus he'll include a behind-the-scenes peek at TV production in the Loire, Cinque Terre, Netherlands, Berlin and Prague.
Free Travel Classes in Edmonds
Rick Steves' Europe hosts free travel classes every week in Edmonds, WA. (Saturday 10 a.m. classes held at Edmonds Theater unless otherwise posted, Saturday 12 p.m. and Thursday 6 p.m. classes held at our Travel Center.) Registration is required.
- September 18 at 6 p.m. — Paris with Dave Hoerlein
- September 20 at 10 a.m. — Europe 2014: Rick Steves' Latest Travels with Rick Steves
- September 20 at 10 a.m. — Packing Light & Right with Pat Luczyk
- September 20 at 12 p.m. — Beginning French for Travelerswith Michelle Martin
- September 25 at 6 p.m. — Alpine Europe with Pat O'Connor
- September 27 at 10 a.m. — Spain with Rich Earl
- September 27 at 12 p.m. — The Basque Region of Spain and France with Ruth Ann Rouse
- October 2 at 6 p.m. — London with Lauren Mills
- October 4 at 10 a.m. — Greece with Gretchen Strauch
- October 4 at 12 p.m. — Scotland with Julia Reams-Giersch
- October 9 at 6 p.m. — Europe's Musical History Tourwith Ruth Ann Rouse
- October 11 at 10 a.m. — Packing Light & Right with Joan Robinson
- October 11 at 12 p.m. — Digital Photography for Travelers with Chris Luczyk
- October 16 at 6 p.m. — Normandy with Tom Griffin
- October 18 at 10 a.m. — Venice with Dave Hoerlein
- October 18 at 12 p.m. — Florence with Casey Gould
- October 20 at 5 p.m. — Art I-III: Ancient and Medieval (500 BC-1400), Renaissance and Baroque (1400-1800) and Neoclassical to Modern (1800-2014) with Rick Steves
- October 23 at 5 p.m. — Art I-III: Ancient and Medieval (500 BC-1400), Renaissance and Baroque (1400-1800) and Neoclassical to Modern (1800-2014) with Rick Steves
- October 25 at 10 a.m. — Croatia & Slovenia with Cameron Hewitt
- October 25 at 12 p.m. — Berlin, Prague and Vienna with Robyn Stencil
- October 30 at 6 p.m. — Hosteling: Not Just for Youth Anymore with Kevin Williams
September 18 5–8 p.m. — This month, we're featuring the photography and graphite drawings of Italy by Rebecca Foster.
Rebecca spent a semester in college studying art in Italy. During her time there, Rebecca was inspired by the architecture and vast history that surrounded her along with the romantic Italian countryside. Together, those elements speak to the diversity and uniqueness of Italy. Besides using photography, Rebecca has also captured a glimpse of Italy in her graphite drawings. She hopes to continue her travels in the future and share her experiences with others through her artwork.
This Saturday, September 20 at 2 p.m. — Biking in Amsterdam; How Paris Became Paris; Open Phones: Paris
- Tuesday, September 16 at 3:00 p.m. — Rick Steves Classic Rome
- Monday, September 22 at 4:30 p.m. — Rick Steves' Festive Europe
"Rick Steves' Europe" on KCTS CREATE Comcast Channel 336 or Digital 9.3
- Tuesday, September 16 at 7:30 p.m. — Budapest: The Best of Hungary
- Wednesday, September 17 at 7:30 p.m. — Lisbon and the Algarve
- Thursday, September 18 at 5:00 p.m. — Sevilla and Andalusia
- Friday, September 19 at 7:30 p.m. — England's Bath and York
- Saturday, September 20 at 5:30 p.m. — Highlights of Paris: Eiffel and Monet to Creme Brulee
- Saturday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m. — Heart of England and South Wales
- Sunday, September 21 at 7:30 p.m. — North Wales: Feisty and Poetic
- Monday, September 22 at 7:30 p.m. — North Wales: Feisty and Poetic
- Tuesday, September 23 at 7:30 p.m. — Edinburgh
Enjoy our free travel library, railpass resources, travel gear store, and affordable trip consulting services!