Rick Steves’ Europe (RSE), a leader in the travel industry, is looking for a Business Analyst. Based within the IT group, this person will be RSE’s "process champion" — supporting department managers across the company to solve problems, improve processes, and find opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity.
The Business Analyst will work with users, developers, and testers across every phase of each project’s lifecycle in order to ensure projects meet user requirements and are delivered on time and within scope and budget. Duties will include: scoping a project, gathering requirements, producing documentation, managing user expectations and IT/developer constraints, and ensuring solution viability. The Business Analyst will need to communicate effectively with internal and external teams, produce clear and comprehensive documentation and process diagrams, and make presentations to users, stakeholders, and senior management.
- Continuously identify, analyze, and document system/process issues within the company and make recommendations for improved efficiencies
- Provide input to management about existing systems and processes to help drive informed decision making, increase accountability, and develop solutions for tangible business challenges and objectives
- Create business requirement documents that describe the objectives of a project by researching, documenting, and prioritizing user needs
- Assess the viability of business/project requirements, weighing time, budget, and human resource constraints
- Build productive relationships with users, managers, and other stakeholders to achieve buy-in for system and process improvements
- Effectively manage the scope, communication, and prioritization of tasks and milestones for multiple projects which involve various users and stakeholders
- Manage the schedule and flow of projects, using tools such as GIT, Agile, or PivotalTracker
- Provide technical expertise where needed, including customization of process flows and reporting
- Manage internal testing processes and user acceptance testing
- Organize and facilitate QA and training
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, with experience interacting directly with end users and management
- Strong understanding of business case development and ability to translate cases into process requirements
- Proven analytical skills, solid project planning and project management experience
- Working knowledge of system architecture with respect to designing features and identifying dependencies
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies and modeling techniques
- Familiarity with customized CRM implementations and integrations, such as Salesforce.com; MS Dynamics Great Plains, SmartConnect, and/or Boomi
- BA in Business Administration and/or BS in Computer Science or other related field
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 29, 2015. No phone calls, please.
Rick Steves’ Europe (RSE), a leader in the travel industry, is looking for a part-time Assistant Video Editor to work in our Video Production Department. The ideal candidate will have video editing experience in Avid Media Composer.
The schedule and duration for this position are very flexible, and would be ideal for a video editing student. This is a great learning opportunity for anyone interested in furthering their experience with video editing.
Hours: 5-15 hours per week, ideally afternoons two to three days each week, over a period of several months.
- Select, identify, and organize video clips from the RSE archives according to specifications
- Proficiency in the Avid editing system; other NLE system experience, such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier, will be considered
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
- Reliable; see projects through to completion
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- European travel experience preferred
- Familiarity with SAN drives/partitions helpful
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and a one page summary of your European travels (if applicable), to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Rick Steves' Europe, a leader in the travel industry, is looking for a talented, full-time software developer who will be responsible for the design and development of internal and external facing applications at our Edmonds location. This person will contribute to all future software development projects as well as assist in the maintenance of legacy systems as required.
We want a smart, disciplined, customer-focused team player who enjoys working on highly visible projects. As a software developer on our team, you will be a key player in an innovative and entrepreneurial company that embraces technology in every area of its business, including the development and marketing of extensive rich media content.
Rick Steves' Europe provides a casual, interpersonally rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, WA about 20 minutes north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. We produce a public television series, weekly radio show and podcasts, write popular travel guidebooks, maintain an extensive travel website, run European tours, teach travel classes, and market an exclusive line of travel gear. To learn more about us, visit www.ricksteves.com.
- Develop and document software according to industry best practices
- Collaborate with other technology team members on software development, specifically regarding functionality, user experience, and technical design
- Manage deliverables according to approved project plans
- Participate in code maintenance, bug fixes, and various cross-functional roles with quality assurance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Three+ years of professional software development
- Excellent verbal/written communication and technical documentation skills
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Test Driven Development / Behavior Driven Development
- Flexibility in using multiple programming languages
- Proficiency with SQL and database design
- Flexibility in a dynamic work environment and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven time management skills: meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities, and communicate progress
- Aptitude for learning applications quickly and solving problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player, and pitch in on outside projects, as needed
- Support day-to-day end-user issues and requests, as needed
Additional skills and experience in the following areas strongly preferred:
- Salesforce.com; Force.com
- XML and web services
- Content management systems
- E-commerce platforms
- Open-source software
- PC and Mac platforms
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Please, no telephone calls.
General Employment Opportunities
If you would like to be considered for a position at Rick Steves' Europe, you may email a cover letter, resume, and brief summary of your travel experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Rick Steves' Europe
130 4th Ave N
Edmonds, WA 98020-3114
Resumes are reviewed and considered as positions become available. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond personally by phone. Thanks for your interest in Rick Steves' Europe!