Rick Steves’ Europe (RSE), a leader in the travel industry, is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Accountant to support our financial operations, 35-40 hours per week in our Edmonds office. We want a smart, accurate and self-motivated team player with an aptitude for learning new applications quickly. The right candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of payables, purchasing procedures and best practices, along with experience working with general ledger systems and procedures and financial chart of accounts. This person will also ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures, and possess a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position reports to the Controller and CFO.
Rick Steves’ Europe provides a casual, interpersonally rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, WA about 20 minutes north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. We produce a public television series, weekly radio show and podcasts, write popular travel guidebooks, maintain an extensive travel website, run European tours, teach travel classes and market an exclusive line of travel gear. To learn more about us, visit www.ricksteves.com.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, approval and account coding
- Process PO invoices, check requests and customer refunds
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, prepare weekly check-run, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance and Annual preparation
- Respond to all vendor inquiries in a professional and competent manner
- Interface with all levels of staff regarding internal and external AP inquiries and questions
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month-end closing process ensuring proper general ledger accruals and reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Document, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions, to ensure adherence to company guidelines
Tour Accounting duties:
- Assist with Tour Vendor Invoice payments as needed during peak times
- Initiate payment of non-staff tour payments
- Process Tour Visa Bill as needed during peak times
- Assist with other projects as needed
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of major accounting software packages
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven organizational skills: manage priorities, meet deadlines and communicate progress
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and handle multiple projects effectively
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Great Plains Dynamics highly desirable
- CPA license a plus
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no telephone calls.
Rick Steves' Europe, a leader in the travel industry, is looking for a talented, full-time software developer who will be responsible for the design and development of internal and external facing applications at our Edmonds location. This person will contribute to all future software development projects as well as assist in the maintenance of legacy systems as required.
We want a smart, disciplined, customer-focused team player who enjoys working on highly visible projects. As a software developer on our team, you will be a key player in an innovative and entrepreneurial company that embraces technology in every area of its business, including the development and marketing of extensive rich media content.
Rick Steves' Europe provides a casual, interpersonally rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, WA about 20 minutes north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. We produce a public television series, weekly radio show and podcasts, write popular travel guidebooks, maintain an extensive travel website, run European tours, teach travel classes, and market an exclusive line of travel gear. To learn more about us, visit www.ricksteves.com.
- Develop and document software according to industry best practices
- Collaborate with other technology team members on software development, specifically regarding functionality, user experience, and technical design
- Manage deliverables according to approved project plans
- Participate in code maintenance, bug fixes, and various cross-functional roles with quality assurance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Three+ years of professional software development
- Excellent verbal/written communication and technical documentation skills
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Test Driven Development / Behavior Driven Development
- Flexibility in using multiple programming languages
- Proficiency with SQL and database design
- Flexibility in a dynamic work environment and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven time management skills: meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities, and communicate progress
- Aptitude for learning applications quickly and solving problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player, and pitch in on outside projects, as needed
- Support day-to-day end-user issues and requests, as needed
Additional skills and experience in the following areas strongly preferred:
- Salesforce.com; Force.com
- XML and web services
- Content management systems
- E-commerce platforms
- Open-source software
- PC and Mac platforms
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Please, no telephone calls.
General Employment Opportunities
If you would like to be considered for a position at Rick Steves' Europe, you may email a cover letter, resume, and brief summary of your travel experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Rick Steves' Europe
130 4th Ave N
Edmonds, WA 98020-3114
Resumes are reviewed and considered as positions become available. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond personally by phone. Thanks for your interest in Rick Steves' Europe!