Rick Steves' Europe (RSE), a leader in the travel industry, is looking for a Tour Sales Specialist to work in our Tour Department. The ideal candidate will be able to perform all tour department customer service, sales, and administrative duties in a professional and competent manner.
Hours: 30-40 hours per week. RSE is open Monday – Saturday, 9:00-5:00 (until 8:00 on Thursdays).
Customer Service & Sales, Data Entry
- Assist with tour sales via phone and in-person
- Answer all tour-related inquiries via e-mail
- Enter and process new tour bookings in Salesforce and tour sales portal
- Process transfers and cancellations in Salesforce and tour sales portal
- Review rooming assignment issues with Tour Operations, as needed
- Enter and update customer details specific to each tour booking in Salesforce
Mailings and Administrative
- Assist with preparing and mailing or emailing all customer correspondence (confirmations, invoices, various letters), tour packets, and tour information requests, such as DVDs and tour catalogs
- Assist with stocking of Tour Department materials and documents: tour catalogs, DVDs, insurance brochures, hotel directions, one-page itineraries, customer documents, and all tour packet items
- Filing, recording, and scanning all customer-related tour documents
The qualified candidate will have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to treat customers and employees with courtesy and respect, even in difficult or stressful situations
- Extensive European travel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy with data entry and customer documentation
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks methodically, efficiently, and effectively while maintaining a good attitude
- Good time management skills and regular attendance
- Proficient math skills for calculating customer discounts
Additional experience in the following strongly preferred:
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar database experience
- Outlook experience
- Knowledge of the RSE tour philosophy and tour itineraries
Rick Steves' Europe provides a casual, interpersonally rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, WA about 20 minutes north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. We produce a public television series, weekly radio show and podcasts, write popular travel guidebooks, maintain an extensive travel website, run Europe tours, teach travel classes, and market an exclusive line of travel gear. To learn more about us, visit www.ricksteves.com.
To Apply: Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and a one-page European travel summary to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Rick Steves' Europe, a leader in the travel industry, is looking for a talented, full-time software developer who will be responsible for the design and development of internal and external facing applications at our Edmonds location. This person will contribute to all future software development projects as well as assist in the maintenance of legacy systems as required.
We want a smart, disciplined, customer-focused team player who enjoys working on highly visible projects. As a software developer on our team, you will be a key player in an innovative and entrepreneurial company that embraces technology in every area of its business, including the development and marketing of extensive rich media content.
Rick Steves' Europe provides a casual, interpersonally rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, WA about 20 minutes north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. We produce a public television series, weekly radio show and podcasts, write popular travel guidebooks, maintain an extensive travel website, run European tours, teach travel classes, and market an exclusive line of travel gear. To learn more about us, visit www.ricksteves.com.
- Develop and document software according to industry best practices.
- Collaborate with other technology team members on software development, specifically regarding functionality, user experience, and technical design.
- Manage deliverables according to approved project plans.
- Participate in code maintenance, bug fixes, and various cross-functional roles with quality assurance.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Five+ years of professional software development.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and technical documentation skills.
- Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Test Driven Development / Behavior Driven Development.
- Flexibility in using multiple programming languages.
- Proficiency with SQL and database design.
- Flexibility in a dynamic work environment and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven time management skills: meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities, and communicate progress.
- Aptitude for learning applications quickly and solving problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a team player, and pitch in on outside projects, as needed.
- Support day-to-day end-user issues and requests, as needed.
Additional skills and experience in the following areas strongly preferred:
- Salesforce.com; Force.com
- XML and web services
- Content management systems
- E-commerce platforms
- Open-source software
- PC and Mac platforms
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Please, no telephone calls.
General Employment Opportunities
If you would like to be considered for a position at Rick Steves' Europe, you may email a cover letter, resume, and brief summary of your travel experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Rick Steves' Europe
130 4th Ave N
Edmonds, WA 98020-3114
Resumes are reviewed and considered as positions become available. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond personally by phone. Thanks for your interest in Rick Steves' Europe!