Please sign in to post.

Super CDW - insurance4carhire

We will be renting a car for 10 days of travel to Ireland. We are being quoted between 10 euros per day for excess insurance (Super CDW). This is the insurance that covers you for the "less severe" damage up to 1500 euro. Kind of like a BIG deductible...huh? The kicker is that this SuperCDW through our rental (Hertz)does not cover stuff like windscreen, tires and mirrors. Now... I've been looking around and found this company called insurance4carhire.com. They cover all SuperCDW needs for travelers for a whole year for 49 GBP (98USD). Insurance4carhire uses AIG-UK to underwrite and insure all drivers named on each rental during the coverage period. this sounds like a much better deal to me than the Hertz coverage. Anybody ever use Insurance4carhire? If so, how did it work out?

Posted by
522 posts

This is a good question. I look forward to answers from someone who has experience with this company (unlike me). If legit, and if claims are handled smoothly, this would be a great savings for anyone renting a car for more than a week.

One thing you can be sure of is, if using a car for any length of time in Ireland you're gonna smack a side view mirror. Don't ask how I know.

If you want to look up internet info about this company, type in insuranceforcarhire, not insurance4carhire. The latter only leads to dead links.

Posted by
9 posts

I smacked a mirror on a tight road in Cornwall a couple of years ago. Fortunately, I was moving verrrry slowly and my early warning system (my spouse) gave a scream and saved more severe damage.

I just took the leap on this policy. Hopefully, I will not need to make a claim. If I do, there will be a complete report on this website.

Posted by
9 posts

I purchased this policy and traveled for ten days in Ireland without incident. Therefore, I cannot report on how well this company responds to claims. I am still interested if anyone has any claims experience.

Thanks!