Please sign in to post.

After Coffee Houses in Amsterdam

But Were The Trains On Time?

Posted by
8938 posts

Guys, this was already posted over on the Western Europe forum, under Salzburg, Sound of Music, etc. this past weekend. How did you miss it? But you did a better job with the video link.

Now if Michael could just get my Wales video up like this, I would be so happy. And Neil would be over the moon!

Posted by
12040 posts

Since the video has been repeated, here's the repeated explanation- this is an advert for a popular reality show currently running on Flemish TV, "Op Zoek naar Maria" (which roughly translates as "Searching for Maria"). The concept of the show mirrors American Idol, except the for the grand prize. The winner gets the role of Maria in an upcoming stage production of the "The Sound of Music".

And BTW... the video was filmed in Antwerp, not Amsterdam... so, no (legal) pot involved...

Posted by
9099 posts

I missed it because anytime I see the words "Sound of Music", I roll my eyes and move on to the next thread:) But if I see the words "Coffeehouse Amsterdam", you will always have my instant and undivided attention;)

Last October, La Traviata was performed during rush hour in the middle of Zurich train station, and shown live on TV.. here's a clip:

You can buy a DVD of the full performance at the Swiss Rail website. With shipping it cost me $60USD!!!!, but it was worth it.

Posted by
14944 posts

Yes, Tom, I realized the video was shot in Antwerp. The headline was to get people's attention.

It's called....are you ready....humor.