Please sign in to post.

Rome Ciampino Airport to Rome Train Station

What is the easiest way that won't cost a fortune to get from Rome Ciampino Airport to the Train Station in Rome. My flight arrives Tue 11 Sep at 20:25.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Posted by
4555 posts

Amanda...I'll assume you're flying in via one of the discount airlines...Ryanair, easyjet, Myair, etc. If so, check out Terravision. They run shuttle buses to coordinate with various flight arrivals, at 8 Euro to Rome Termini station. CClick here to check it out....eligibility, schedules, and booking on line. Nice comfortable coaches with lots of storage space underneath.

Posted by
32 posts

You can catch the train right at the airport to take you into the Rome Train station.

Posted by
4555 posts

You have to take a bus from the airport to the Ciampino railway station. It only runs every 30-40 minutes, and takes about 10 minutes to the station. Bus fare is 1 Euro, train fare another 2 Euro, and the train takes about 25 minutes to Termini. You can also continue on the bus to the Anagnina metro station, but it wind through the local area first and takes about 20 minutes. The line from Anagnina runs right to Termini as well....1 Euro for the bus, 1 for the Metro, and the Metro takes about 25 minutes more. You can't really walk to the train station....you have to skirt almost the entire airport to the other side of the runways to get to the train station.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you both. I will look into both options. If we wanted to take the train - do you know how long it would take to arrive at the train station in Rome & what the price is. Can I get the train right from Ciampino or do I have to take a bus from the airport to the the Ciampino train station?

thanks
A

Posted by
32 posts

Amanda, I gave you some incorrect information, sorry. But I found this website for both airports in Rome that may have some helpful info. www.adr.ti
Also, in Rick's Rome book he say's that "To get to downtown Rome from the airport (Ciampino), take the LILA/Contral bus to the Anagnina Metro stop, where you can connect by Metro to the stop near your hotel".

Posted by
8 posts

Anyone know what the taxi fare is between Ciampino and Termini/area hotels?

Posted by
4555 posts

Dave...there's now a fixed rate in effect of 30 Euro to anywhere in the center of Rome, for up to four passengers and luggage. Look for the white City of Rome taxis lined up outside, with the TAXI sign on top and a number on their doors....and confirm with the driver. Avoid all the "gypsy" drivers that may approach you in the terminal or outside the doors...head for the taxi rank. FYI, there's also a similar fixed-rate plan in effect for FCO to downtown Rome of 40 Euro....same conditions apply.

Posted by
4555 posts

Just to clarify....the fixed taxi rates are good anywhere within the Aurelian walls....which do run close to Termini...so make sure your hotel is within those limits.