Please sign in to post.

Alsace-Lorraine-Colmar

We are looking to book 2 or 3 days in or very near Colmar, in Alsace area. A pensionne or small hotel with charm and suitable for town walking/farmers markets. Any recommends? Thanks!

Posted by
32198 posts

Jerri, You might have a look at Hotel Le Rapp in Colmar. I stayed there last year and had a very comfortable stay. The staff were wonderful. It's within easy walking distance of the main sights in Colmar and even to the station (although with luggage I'd suggest a Taxi). Happy travels!

Posted by
813 posts

The town of Riquewihr is very picturesque and not far from Colmar. Any of the hotels there are fine.

Posted by
253 posts

I have to concur about Riquewihr. It has the charm, size, and location to make it a good place to stay to see the region, plus you have the town to yourself in the evenings.

Posted by
1883 posts

Kayserberg is also a charming town, I don't have recommendations for hotels, but we stayed in town and it was wonderful !

Posted by
797 posts

In 2009 we stayed in Colmar and visited Kayserburg and Riquewhir. We found both Kayserburg and Requewhir to be really nice picturesque towns that were much quieter and easier to get around in than Colmar. Look up either of the towns on the web and check out the hotel offerings to find a place to stay and then use one of them as a base to visit Colmar.