Please sign in to post.

Museums of St. Mark's Square

In the 2011 Italy book it mentions the San Marco Museum Plus Pass in Venice, but it seems that this pass is no longer available, only THE MUSEUMS OF ST MARK'S SQUARE <http://www.museiciviciveneziani.it/frame.asp?pid=197&z=2&tit=_EN_biglietti>. Is this pass (the "Family Offer" in particular) also purchase-able at the Correr Museum, and will it be the price listed on the web site? (Or do I need to purchase online to get the passes at all, or to get the best price? )

Posted by
346 posts

FWIW, we found the Correr Museums to be fascinating, and a very good place to get out of the rain.

Posted by
15582 posts

You can get a slightly better price at veniceconnected.com
which also has good prices for vaporetto passes, if you buy early. I can't remember what the Plus pass included, but the full museum pass is only €2 more (€16 rather than €14) so probably worth it.

Posted by
157 posts

The Plus Pass is described on page 24 on Rick Steves Venice 2011.

Posted by
346 posts

They did NOT have this pass available when we were there in early June, we asked. But, it's Italy, who knows??

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the advice but veniceconnected is actually more expensive for a family of 4 since they don't do the "family offer", at least as of a few weeks ago. Would still love to know if anyone knows if it's possible to purchase this pass in person at the correr at the prices listed on the above referenced web site.

Posted by
265 posts

Go to VeniceConnected and purchase your tickets there.

Posted by
15582 posts

The prices listed are the prices at the venues. It looks like they tack on an extra 50 cents per pass to book online. As I understand it, the price is €14 for the first pass, then €8 for the next 3. Add €2 booking fees. Without the family discount, the price is €14 x 2 adults and €8 x 2 kids, which is €4 more. So the most it can cost you is €4 if you wait to get to Venice and the family pass isn't available at the Correr.

Posted by
346 posts

It wasn't that the family pass was unavailable it was that the San Marco Museum Plus Pass wasn't available

Posted by
389 posts

do they ever run out of passes? Say peak season at noon if we try to buy one at the Correr? Would we get turned away?

Posted by
15582 posts

Elaine, there are two different passes. The San Marco pass and the Venice museum pass (includes all of San Marco). Unless you want the "family offer," you can buy either pass online at VeniceConnected.com and pick it up at the Correr or the Doge's Palace. Then you will be sure to have it. You can also save considerably by buying the vaporetto pass online. Since the website says you can pick up your pass at any of the museums, I would think the museums don't run out.