Please sign in to post.

Staying ON Campo de Fiori

We found an apartment right on the Piazza Campo de Fiori. Has anyone stayed right on the piazza? 2 adults, 2 teens. Think it would be too rowdy? We do like action, however, don't want to be up all night!

Posted by
967 posts

Stayed in an apartment about 20 steps off the square a year ago. I would describe it as lively, rather than rowdy. I like the area for it's convenience, but it is definitely noisy. If you 're a light sleeper, you may have a problem. I think I read lately that the partying has been restricted after a young woman died of alcohol poisoning but don't know exactly what this means.

Posted by
7737 posts

It would be too rowdy for my taste. If you do it, take earplugs.

Posted by
238 posts

I have stayed in two apartments right on the Campo, and they are both managed by the same woman and located in the same building. Last summer I stayed in the two bedroom, two bath penthouse (vrbo 215521)that is (of course) on the top floor (76 steps!) and in May we stayed at the one bedroom, one bath (which can accommodate four) which is two floors below (vrbo 336305). The show never ends - until you close the shutters over the windows and go to bed. Then it's silent. We've made many trips to Rome but can't imagine staying anywhere else - the teens will love it! Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

Posted by
1127 posts

I would not want to stay directly on the piazza. Take in to consideration that the old buildings in Italy are not going to have the noise reductions that you are used to having and that city life is going to much noisier than you are used to - and then factor in that that the apartment will be right on a busy, party piazza. The Campo dei Fiori location is great, but I would not want to stay on the piazza itself.