Please sign in to post.

Fees for Wall Walk at Dubrovnik

Will be there on a cruise and want to walk the wall. Does anyone know if the entrance fee at the gates can be paid for with a credit card or should I get some local currancy on the ship? Will they take Euros even thought that is not their local currancy. Thanks TC

Posted by
23261 posts

When did they start imposing a fee to walk the wall?

Posted by
188 posts

We paid in 2007! Not sure about credit cards vs. cash, but cash is always good for gelato when you're finished walking the walls!!

Posted by
4817 posts

Not sure when they started charging. Rick Steves' latest book on cruise ports for that area states there is a 70 Kuna fee and gives info about the ticket offices and entry point. TC

Posted by
15 posts

A little late posting so not sure if you're already sorted on this question. It was 70 kuna per person to climb the walls the last time we were there. You can buy the tickets from an office on the left hand side as you enter the old town. Then you can start the walk from several points around the walls. I'm not sure if they do take credit cards and probably not euros. You'll find some places will not accept either (e.g. cafe bars/shops), only Kuna so would be worth getting some local currency on the ship or if you have a credit/debit card you can withdraw curreny from one of the many ATMs around the town. Enjoy your cruise, just curious are you also stopping at Korcula?

Posted by
4817 posts

Rachael, thanks for the input. Will not be stoping in Korkula. Will try to get Kuna on the ship. Thanks again to all. TC

Posted by
121 posts

I was in Dubrovnik last summer. Great place! As far as the fee to walk the wall, there will be a guy (or woman) standing at the head of the stairs in a small kiosk, collecting money and giving you a ticket. I can't remember what the cost was, but it was not very much. I don't recall them accepting credit cards. At that time, they were not accepting the Euro. There are ATMs conveniently placed throughout the town.
njoy your tour and trip.

Posted by
121 posts

I was in Dubrovnik last summer. Great place! As far as the fee to walk the wall, there will be a guy (or woman) standing at the head of the stairs in a small kiosk, collecting money and giving you a ticket. I can't remember what the cost was, but it was not very much. I don't recall them accepting credit cards. At that time, they were not accepting the Euro. There are ATMs conveniently placed throughout the town.
njoy your tour and trip.

Posted by
4817 posts

Many thanks for the input. It sounds like it is a cash deal. TC