Montenegro, Bosnia itinerary.
Hello. I'm traveling to the western Balkans in October and am finishing the trip in Montenegro and Bosnia-Hercegovina. I have planned out the rest of the trip but am still a bit up in the air for the last few days. I'd love some input from the rest of you!
Thu, Oct 18 Take bus from Dubrovnik to Kotor, sleep Kotor
Hike or Taxi for Lovcen NP
Fri, Oct 19 Day trip to Durmitor for Hiking, sleep Kotor
Sat, Oct 20 Sea Kayak or Ostrog Monastery in the AM, bus to Mostar in
afternoon, sleep Mostar
Sun, Oct 21 Explore Mostar, bus to Sarajevo, sleep Sarajevo
Mon, Oct 22 Explore Sarajevo with local guide, sleep Sarajevo
Tue, Oct 23 Rent car and explore BiH (Jajce and mountain lakes?), sleep
Wed, Oct 24 If time, go to War Tunnel Museum before flight to Zagreb
My question are:
(1) What is the best way to do Lovcen? Is one afternoon enough time??
(2) What would be the best day trip from Sarajevo?
(3) Do I need an IDP to rent a car in BiH?
(4) Is it possible to drive directly from Sarajevo to Jajce? On google maps it seems there is no road from Travnik to Jajce. The route suggested goes up through Banja Luka.
(5) Depending on the day trip from Sarajevo, is there another small town where we should consider sleeping for the 23rd?
Jackson, WY USA 9/26/12
Send Private Message