Tour Member Steves
Rick's Blog from his 2013 Scotland Tour
Every year, Rick Steves tries to tag along on one of his company's guided tours. This past spring, he signed up for the Best of Scotland in 10 Days tour as a tour member, using an alias. By the time Rick arrived at the first day's welcome meeting in Edinburgh, everyone in the group had figured that out, and shared a good laugh about it. It was the first of many laughs to come during their 10-day adventure together.
The tour has ended, but you can still tag along with Rick's group. We've parked his blog here, with links to each entry, including the photos and "phone movies" Rick took.
Enjoy the trip!
- Scotland Tour, Day 1: First-Night Excitement
- Edinburgh — Half of Scotland's Wonder in One Urban Bundle
- A quick tour of tiny Kenmore
- Highland Games in the Village of Kenmore
- Highland Games Are Best in Small Towns
- More Highland Games in the Village of Kenmore
- Into the Hotel after a Great Day of Touring Scotland
- Thatched Wooden Huts on the Loch — from 2,500 Years Ago
- Sheepdogs Put on a Great Show
- Puppy Love
- The Battle of Culloden — The Last Battle on British Soil
- Hey, Pharaoh, We're Up Here...in Scotland
- Scottish Serendipity in 4/4 Time
- The Recipe for a Tasty Tour
- British Commandos Memorial in the Scottish Highlands
- Enjoying a Natural High, High in the Highlands
- Some Drum Fun with a Bodhrán
- A Fogbow Kicks off our Tour's Last Day
- All Tours Must Pass