Hi from Rick: Building a Travel Toolkit
A carry-on bag forces you to pack light...and get around more easily...and be very glad you did!
Got friends or family traveling in 2013? This is a good time to help make their trip more affordable, efficient, eye-opening and fun. So, in addition to a fresh batch of articles in this month's Travel News, I'd like to share a few "travel toolkit-building" suggestions...
DVDs and guidebooks are great trip-planning tools. They help travelers visualize where they'll be going and prioritize what’s important. An up-to-date guidebook is an essential travel manual as well, helping to save time, money—and sanity—throughout a trip. The right travel bags and accessories — expertly-designed to help a person pack light — play a big role in shaping an unencumbered, free-spirited adventure. And this month, it's all on sale. Browse away:
- Save 20% packing light: All my travel bags are carry-on size, designed to get you on and off the plane and in and out of trains and hotels with lightweight comfort and minimum hassle. And the entire lineup — carry-on bags, day packs and accessories — is 20% off.
- Save 30% on guidebooks: To help you plan and travel with the most up-to-date information, the 2013 editions of most of my guidebooks have already arrived. Country guides, city guides, snapshots, phrase books — and my colorful new city pocket guides — are all 30% off.
- Save 50%-60% on DVDs: As you plan your trip, my TV shows (101 on DVD, 28 on Blu-ray) can add a vivid "you-are-here" boost to what's in your guidebook. The shows are also a fun way to dream about future trips. Right now you can get the 2-DVD set of my latest season, 11 New Shows 2013-2014, for just $12.49; or a special DVD gift set of All 101 TV Shows — a $125 value — for just $49.99.
- Free digital content: My Rick Steves Audio Europe app organizes my vast and varied library of audio content into geographic-specific playlists. I'll take you on self-guided tours through dozens of Europe's top museums, sights and historic walks — and serve up 200 tracks of travel tips and cultural insights from my radio show — and it's all free.
- Free shipping: To enhance the value of all these travel tools, when you spend $50 or more in my Travel Store we'll give you free standard US shipping, through Dec. 13th. (See details online.)
I hope this news helps you make good choices (and save money) as you put together the toolkit that transforms someone's travel dreams into...
...Happy travel...and a Merry Christmas!