Now Playing on Travel with Rick Steves
Program 385: Scottish Hebrides; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Move To Tahiti
Release Date: 11-15-2014
Hear how the light and color of the Caribbean inspired a dazzling photo book by novelist Ferenc Máté – who, having sailed to the West Indies island of St. Vincent, liked the gentle island life style so much he didn't want to leave. Then we'll explore options for touring the Hebrides, the isles off Scotland’s west coast. Plus, author Sarah Turnbull explains how she adjusted to life on "island time" when she moved from Paris to Tahiti.
- Edinburgh-based Blue Badge-certified tour guide Anne Doig
- Ferenc Máté, photographer and author of "Islands of Eden" (Albatross Books)
- Sarah Turnbull, author of "All Good Things" (Gotham)
- The Visit Scotland website has detailed information and photos from the Orkney Islands, the Outer Hebrides (which includes the island of Lewis and Harris), Argyll and the Isles (which includes the Inner Hebrides islands of Mull, Iona and Jura), and the isle of Skye.
- Visitor's guide to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Ferenc Mate presents examples of his photography, occasional blog entries, and information about his books, including his new photobook "Islands of Eden," and his winery in Tuscany.
- Ferenc Mate's books, including "Islands of Eden," are listed and reviewed on the Goodreads website.
- Publisher's page for Ferenc Mate's "Islands of Eden."
- Wikipedia has detailed information about Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia.
- The Sydney Morning Herald interviewed Sarah Turnbull about her life in Tahiti, from her home, which is now in Australia.
- Publisher's page for Sarah Turnbull and her book, "All Good Things."
- During her interview, Sarah describes the Fakarava atoll in French Polynesia.