Program 270a: International Christmas Party
Release Date: 12-22-2012
Hear about holiday traditions from Wales and Hungary, Sicily and Scotland. Learn about the unique ways people light up the season in Santa Fe — where the fragrance of piñon wood fires leaves a special impression. Hear how scientists at a research station in Antarctica make merry. Plus, listeners share some of their favorite Christmas memories from holiday travels.
- Martin deLewandowicz, tour guide based in Wales
- Travel writer Zora O'Neill, author of Moon New Mexico guidebooks
- Alfio di Mauro and Tommaso Pante, tour guides from Sicily
- Ken Hanley and Ann Doig, tour guides from Edinburgh, Scotland
- Levante Nagy and Etelka Perine Barecz, tour guides to Hungary
- Fen Montaigne, author of "Fraser's Penguins" (Henry Holt)
- Zora O'Neill writes for the Moon Santa Fe-Taos-Albuquerque and Moon New Mexico guidebooks.
- Zora O'Neill blogs at her food website "The Roving Gastronome."
- Fen Montaigne's publisher's page for "Fraser's Penguins" includes a link to Fen's blog and Facebook page.
- Fen posted a slide show of his trip among the penguins of the Antarctic Peninsula on The New Yorker's website.
- Information about the Würzburg and Rothenburg Christmas Market in Germany that caller Dale discusses visiting.