Program 303: Family Vacation in Hungarian Countryside; Open Phones: Family Travel Plans; Basque Country
Release Date: 10-20-2012
The countryside of Hungary is a sentimental favorite for relaxing family vacations. Rick gets suggestions for tapping into the recreation Hungarians treasure and checks in with listeners planning family trips to the UK and Ireland. Also, get tips for exploring the Basque Country of Spain and France.
- Peter Polzman, tour guide based in Budapest, Hungary
- Eszter Bokros, tour guide based in Budapest, Hungary
- Francisco Glaria. tour guide based in Pamplona, Spain
- Wikipedia has entries on the town of Pecs in southern Hungary, Lake Balaton, and the Danube Bend region.
- Links to the Museum of Liverpool and the Merseyside Maritime Museum.
- Francisco Glaria guides visitors to the Navarro region of Spain and the rest of Basque Country.
- Information about Picasso's "Guernica" painting, which is displayed in a special gallery in the Museo Reina Sofia 20th century art museum, on the Paseo del Prado in Madrid.
- An extensive guide to the pintxos of San Sebastian.
- The website to the Guggenheim modern art museum in Bilbao, Spain.
- Time magazine ran an article in early 2011 about the ETA Basque separatists declaring a cease-fire.