Please sign in to post.

First Boston/New England Meeting: 6/15

Hi New England-ites: We are going to try to get a group started here in Boston/New England! Our first meeting will be the third Saturday in June, keeping with the Helpline tradition. We will be meeting starting around 11:00 am on Saturday, June 15th until around 12:30 (or later if people are really interested in staying). I will bring along my RS books so you can be on the lookout for me. Panera Bread 200 High St, Boston
(617) 951-1330 This location is kind of in between South Station and Fanueil hall/Quincy Market in the Financial district. That way, people visiting from out of town can wander around Boston for the day after we meet if you'd like. The setup at this particular Panera is a little convoluted but as we grow as a group we can venture out into other locations. Please feel free to post here if you are planning on attending, or PM me, so we can make sure we have enough tables set up. Thanks to Mary for scouting out the location ahead of time. I can't wait meet you!

Posted by
32740 posts

Don't forget where to send the franchise fee.... ;-} Don't let people try to bully you and highjack the franchise fee. It has to go where it rightfully belongs, and we know where that is. Best of luck with the new group.

Posted by
312 posts

Hi, It's on my calendar! Things could happen between now and then, but it's def. on the calendar! Cheers.

Posted by
10218 posts

I hope your meeting goes well. We've been meeting in Sacramento for about 3 years. It took a few meetings to decide on what has become our permanent meeting place. First we had to see who showed up and where they lived to find something kind of central. Our first meeting lasted 5 hours! I think our shortest has been 2 hours, and that's unusual. Every Panera Bread I have been in has a large center table. If you get more than will fit there it's easy to pull another table up to it. Have fun!!

Posted by
374 posts

I've marked my calendar. Please note I am "directionly challenged", but will try to be on time. Although I have worked in Boston (albeit many years ago) and am there several times a year, I still get lost.:)
Looking forward to it! Joann

Posted by
1840 posts

My, I used to wander around that part of town often when I was a soldier at Ft. Devens in the early 1960s. Fanueil Hall was pretty much a vacant, hollow buiding in thos days. Enjoy yourselves.

Posted by
312 posts

Hi, Looking forward to seeing RS books in Panera Bread in two weeks (time is flying!). I've posted already, but this is a note to bring the thread back to the first page :-) I'm also checking my PMs to see if any names there could be New England folk.

Posted by
559 posts

Just bringing back to top in case people haven't seen this yet! I hope we get a few people right off the bat, but if not, hopefully we will build this group over the next few months!

Posted by
4407 posts

So that she's really easy to spot, I think Gretchen should wear a moneybelt around her neck (on the outside of her clothing), blindingly-white athletic shoes, knaki capris, a USA t-shirt, and a black messenger bag. Stack some luggage around her chair...;-) (I'll send you a PM with info on how much my Panera franchise fee is...) Have a great time!

Posted by
3207 posts

I'm a maybe due to scheduling. Probably another time though.

Posted by
559 posts

Hi! I look forward to tomorrow. Just bumping back to top for people to find the Panera address. :)