Rick Steves Audio Europe™ Travel App
The Rick Steves Audio Europe™ app organizes Rick's vast library of self-guided walking tours and radio interviews into geographic playlists covering Europe's top sights, travel tips, and cultural insights.
- Did our app freeze? For iOS, simply force-quit the app and restart it to continue use of the app. Learn how to force-quit (it takes seconds!). This is a known issue since the release of iOS 11.3 for version 3.1 of our app. A new version of the app is coming soon, but a release date is not yet set. This issue does not affect Android devices. (5/8/18)
- Our app is not compatible with any Amazon device due to Amazon's proprietary version of the Android software.
- When upgrading from a 2.x version, playlists and all downloaded tracks will be removed.
- Persistent Audio Player: Listen to tracks while browsing the app! The new audio player allows you to control the audio from every screen of the app with no disruption in playback. (Nov. 2016)
- Android version now runs on 4.0 or later (Nov. 2016)
- New and updated content
- Streamlined navigation
- Updated design featuring larger images and easy-to-tap buttons
- Reorganized playlist displays all your saved tracks on a single screen
- Hit "Listen" directly within the Add Tracks screen to launch tracks you’ve already downloaded
- Partially played tracks now always resume from where you last left off
- Small content fixes suggested by eagle-eyed users
- This app downloads and stores audio files on your Apple® device running iOS 8.0 or later. The Android version runs on Android 4.0 or later. No Wi-Fi or cellphone connection is required to listen. (You will need a connection if you choose to add audio tracks later.)
- Download the audio files before you go or use a Wi-Fi hotspot in Europe to avoid incurring data charges.
- Handy PDF maps that complement the app's walking tours can be viewed on your device.
- Interview content originates from the "Travel with Rick Steves" public radio program. Self-guided walking tours are excerpted from Rick Steves country and city guidebooks.