When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on the Czech Republic, we post them here. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
- Poets' Corner Hostel is now operated by Ian Martin and Lucie Kyvalova. They aren't currently offering town walks, but do have bicycle rentals.
- The National Gallery building on Old Town Square, featuring an Asian art collection, has closed indefinitely.
- Rott Crystal and Big Ben Bookshop have closed.
- The UniCredit Bank at Na Příkopě 20 has closed, but the historic Neo-Renaissance building it once occupied is still open to the public.
- The Museum of Jára Cimrman, in the basement of the Petřín Tower, has closed.
- Hotel Metamorphis no longer offers a discount for Rick Steves readers.
- The Canadian Embassy has moved to Ve Struhách 95/2, Prague 6. It is accessible via bus #131 from the Hradcanská Metro station (Nemocnice Bubenec stop).