When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Poland, we post them here. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you’re set for a great trip!
- The tourist information office in Nowa Huta has closed.
- The Kraków Aquarium has closed.
- The Maayan Guest Rooms in the Kazimierz district have closed.
- Mama’s Hostel has new owners, new name, and new phone number: Intro Hostel, +48 12-430- 2402.
- Two tourist-information office branches have closed: the one in the Kordegarda building on Royal Way, and the branch in the central train station.
- Trains from the airport now have two downtown destinations: Some continue to stop at Centralna Station, while others use the Warszawa Śródmieście station — which feeds into the same underground passages as Centralna.
- The Chopin Family Drawing Room has closed at least temporarily; it’s unclear whether it will reopen.
- Boutique B&B has a new name: Chopin Boutique B&B; its website and phone number haven’t changed.
- U Kucharzy restaurant has moved from the Old Town to Długa 52, near the Krasinskich Garden and Ratusz Metro stop.