When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Scotland, we post them here. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
- The National Museum of Scotland's tour schedule has changed a bit; it now offers a "taster tour" of its new galleries at 11:00 and a "highlights" tour of its Scotland galleries at 15:00, as well as themed tours, which now start at 13:00.
- Wedgwood Restaurant is open daily 12:00–15:00 & 18:00–22:00.
- Creelers Restaurant and Wild Elephant (a Thai restaurant) have both closed.
- Heatherlea B&B has closed its doors.
- Happy Tours' historical walking tours and "Crime and Punishment" tours are no longer free; both now cost £6/person.
- It's become particularly difficult to visit Cawdor Castle without a car, as the public bus no longer runs to nearby Cawdor Church.