When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Denmark, we post them here. (Of course, it’s still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you’re set for a great trip!
- The Bed and Beer Guest House has been renovated and is now called the På Torvet apartments (Db-750 kr, 200-kr linen and cleaning fee, free Wi-Fi, Torvet 7, tel. 62 52 40 50, email@example.com).
- The Villa Blomberg hostel near Ærøskøbing has closed.
- Toldbodhus B&B has closed.
- Ærø Isen ice cream shop has closed.
- The Spar Market on Torvet Square has closed.
- Rosenborg Castle no longer charges 20 kr to take photos.
- In 2015, Hans Christian Andersen morning walking tours by Richard Karpen begin at 9:30. His Rosenborg Castle tour begins at 12:00, lasts one hour, and now costs 90 kr (doesn’t include castle entry).
- Bike Copenhagen with Mike has a new, easier to find location at 47 Sankt Peders Stræde (near Sankt Peders Church). You’ll pass right by as you follow our self-guided Copenhagen walk.
- The Museum of Danish Resistance is closed indefinitely, as it’s being rebuilt following an arson attack.
- There is no longer a permanent exhibit at the Danish Design Center, but the facility sometimes hosts events.
- Danhostel Copenhagen Amager has a new Web address: www.danhostelcopenhagen.dk.
- The town’s tourist information office is no longer open to the public, but still offers information online at www.visitaarhus.com.
- The Moesgård Museum (prehistory) has reopened in its brand-new building at Moesgård Allé 15 in Højbjerg (take bus #18 from Park Allé near Town Hall).
- The Scandic Plaza Aarhus Hotel has new owners and a new name: The Mayor Hotel (firstname.lastname@example.org; its telephone number is unchanged).
- Train travelers headed to Jelling from Copenhagen or Aarhus must transfer in Vejle, which is connected to Jelling by hourly trains (direction: Herning) and bus #211.
- Kongernes Jelling Museum is closed until summer 2015.