Travel with Rick Steves Radio Recording Sessions
You're invited to join Rick and his guests to talk travel, and discover what a "sense of place" entails, from Utah to Palestine, as we record another batch of radio interviews for Travel with Rick Steves.
Topics for this round include beer touring in Belgium, road tripping across the Great Plains, conquering a fear of flying, and going deep into Paris, Rome, and Berlin. Guests include naturalist Terry Tempest Williams, opera and Italian food enthusiast Fred Plotkin, and the original free spirited Mexico travel duo of Carl Franz and Lorena Havens.
We'd like you to participate as a caller on the show. Simply follow the instructions for sending us a question for our guests, or your comment on the topics we have scheduled. Then we'll select a few of those submissions for each topic to participate as a caller "on the air." We'll phone those we select during the scheduled interview times. And once each interview is edited and included on Travel with Rick Steves, you'll be able to hear yourself on the show!
If we include you as a caller during any of these interviews, we'll send you your choice of one of Rick's guidebooks as our thanks for participating on the show. (We'll contact you a few days after the interviews are concluded to get your choice of guidebook to mail you.)
Also, you can eavesdrop on all of these recording sessions from the "listen live" link that appears at the top of this page during recording hours. (Note: If the listen live link doesn't appear on the page for you during a scheduled recording session, try the "refresh" button in your internet browser.)
1. Select a session below to view details about the guest and interview. Add your thoughts, questions and phone number — before the show is scheduled to be taped!
Note: We always prefer if you can supply us with a "landline" number instead of a cell phone.
2. Be ready to get a phone call from us during that topic's scheduled interview time. (We intend to include as many callers as possible during each interview segment to contribute to the discussion topic. However, submitting a question or comment does not guarantee that we'll contact you to participate for each interview you select.)
3. If you have a question but will be unavailable for a call during the interview time, please note that Rick often reads email questions on the air. Simply let us know in your posting that you won't be available by phone at the time of the interview. However, we'll need to have been able to reach you by phone during the interview session(s) for you to get a free Rick Steves guidebook. We'll contact you by email after we've concluded our recording sessions to find out which guidebook you'd like us to send you.
4. Whether or not you want to participate, you can use the schedule below to listen to a live webcast of the interviews direct from the studio!
5. To hear the finished show after it's been produced, visit the radio section of our website, which links to a podcast of each weekly radio show when it's released. The radio section also includes a list of local airtimes on hundreds of radio stations across the US, and several in Canada, and on AFN radio at US military bases around the world.
Note: Start times and lengths of segments are approximate, and the schedule may be subject to change. Finished segments will appear on weekly "Travel with Rick Steves" programs airing and podcasting in the months ahead.
*** Select a topic to see the full description! ***