Program 254a: Flirtatious France; Walk Across Israel
Release Date: 02-23-2013
Journalist Elaine Sciolino explains the many ways seduction operates as part of day to day life in France. Also, Martin Fletcher describes what a good long walk down the coast of Israel showed him after 30 years of reporting from the Middle East.
- Paris-based journalist Elaine Sciolino, author of "La Seduction" (Times Books - Henry Holt & Co.)
- NBC News special correspondent Martin Fletcher, author of "Walking Israel" (Thomas Dunne Books)
- Dispatch filed from Thailand from adventure cyclist Willie Weir
- Elaine Sciolino's book is titled "La Seduction: How the French Play the Game of Life"
- Elaine Sciolino's New York Times articles, filed from Paris, are archived online
- Martin Fletcher's book is "Walking Israel: A Personal Search for the Soul of a Nation"
- Go World magazine has an article and photos about Eli Avivi and his self-proclaimed "Akhzivland" compound on the Israeli coast.
- Willie Weir's latest book of travel essays is "Travels with Willie."