Program 260a: Western Whitewater Adventures; A Readers Guide for ‘The Grand Tour’; Tapas in Spain
Release Date: 09-15-2012
Get your thrills on a whitewater river raft, in the pages of a great novel set in an exotic locale, or sampling the fried pigs ears at a tapas bar in Spain
- Jeffe Aronson, river guide with O.A.R.S
- King County, Washington librarian-at-large Nancy Pearl, author of “Book Lust to Go”
- Madrid-based tour guides Federico Garcia Barroso and Amanda Buttinger
- Jeffe Aronson guides for O.A.R.S.
- Jeffe’s website is river-god.com
- Susan Osborn is the friend Jeffe mentions who wrote a song called “Bright Angel” about her experience in Grand Canyon. It’s available as a free download from the "Music" link on the artist’s website
- Nancy Pearl’s website includes a link to her latest book, “Book Lust to Go,” in which she lists recommended reading for “Travelers, Vagabonds, and Dreamers.”
- Willie Weir’s website includes a link to his latest book of travel essays, “Travels with Willie” and his wife's Yellow Tent Adventures blog.
- Federico Garcia Barroso has a website for tour guiding in Spain
- Amanda Buttinger has written a guide book for twenty-somethings called “Hanging Out in Spain” and co-authored “Hanging Out in France” and “Hanging Out in Europe.”