Program 270b: International Christmas Party
Release Date: 12-21-2013
Hear about holiday traditions in Wales, Hungary, Sicily, Scotland, and even Santa Fe where locals have unique ways to light up the season. Hear how scientists at a research station in Antarctica make merry. Plus listeners share some of their favorite Christmas memories from holiday travels.
- Martin deLewandowicz, tour guide based in Wales
- Travel writer Zora O'Neill, author of Moon New Mexico guidebooks
- Alfio di Mauro and Tommaso Pante, tour guides from Sicily
- Ken Hanley and Ann Doig, tour guides from Edinburgh, Scotland
- Levante Nagy and Etelka Perine Barecz, tour guides to Hungary
- Fen Montaigne, author of "Fraser's Penguins" (Henry Holt)
- Zora O'Neill writes for the Moon Santa Fe-Taos-Albuquerque and Moon New Mexico guidebooks.
- Zora O'Neill blogs at her food website, "The Roving Gastronome."
- Fen Montaigne, who's publisher has a web page for "Fraser's Penguins," includes a link to Fen's Twitter feed and his Facebook page.
- Fen posted a slide show of his trip among the penguins of the Antarctic Peninsula on The New Yorker's website.
- Information about the Würzburg and Rothenburg Christmas Market in Germany that caller Dale discusses visiting.
- Caller Melanie's family worked with a Utah-based agency, Choice Humanitarian, to spend a week on a service mission in Mexico.