Program 310: French Wine; Scottish New Year's; Travel Resolutions
Release Date: 12-29-2012
A wine expert from Paris explains how the wine industry operates in France and offers tips for finding the best deals on French wine. We'll also explore the rich New Year's Eve traditions of Scotland. And listeners describe places they want to return to, as well as a fun way to explore the world from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Olivier Magny, wine consultant and proprietor of Ô-Chateau wine bar in Paris
- Ken Hanley and Anne Doig, tour guides based in Edinburgh
- The website for Olivier Magny's Paris wine bar, Ô-Chateau.
- The English translation of Olivier's best-selling book "Dessine-Moi un Parisien" is called "Stuff Parisians Like." He produced a short video to introduce himself to American audiences.
- Olivier demonstrates wine tasting technique in a short You Tube video.
- Terroir-France lists more than 100 terroir designations in France on its website.
- Caller Sasha Martin's website for Global Table Adventure describes the national dishes she's prepared.
- Wikipedia has an entry explaining the various paintings Monet created showing the Rouen cathedral in different light.