Program 338: Tastes of Italy, Paris, and Basque Country
Release Date: 09-14-2013
- Fred Plotkin's "Italy for the Gourmet Traveler" is published by Kyle Books in Britain, and is scheduled to soon be available as an e-book.
- The Guardian lists many of its recent articles on food and travel in the Bologna region of Italy.
- Mary Bouron’s blog archives are called “How To Marry A Frenchman,” and includes a link to her Paris tours called “Walk Like a Parisian.”
- Mary Bouron recommends the English-language online Paris food guide called Paris by Mouth, and the French language guide called lefooding.com. Paris By Mouth also has an arrondissement-by-arrondissement listing of top-ranked neighborhood bakeries.
- Yelp has a list, and user reviews, of many of Paris' food trucks.
- Agustín Ciriza leads Basque Country and adventure sports tours from his base in San Sebastian, Spain.
- Francisco Glaria lives in Pamplona, and guides with Novoturs in Spain's Navarra region.
- Rick summarizes the highlights of Basque Country in Spain and France.
Program 338 Extra #1 - Caller Brad from Virginia follows up on Ben's call in this weeks show, to describe visiting a beautiful villa built by Palladio in rural Italy, and the wonderful pasta he had there. Fred Plotkin also defines his pursuit of "pleasure activism" for Rick with an example from a recent trip to The Netherlands. (runs 4:13)
Program 338 Extra #2 - Mary Bouron explains some of the etiquette for shopping at supermarkets in Paris. (runs 1:44)