Program 339: Mexico Road Trips; 21st-Century Women in Italy; Open Phones: Feedback
Release Date: 09-21-2013
- Carl Franz and Lorena Havens, authors of The People's Guide to Mexico (Avalon Travel)
- Francesca Caruso, tour guide based in Rome
- Nina Bernardo, tour guide based in Rome
- Lisa Anderson, tour guide based in the Piemonte region of Italy
- Outtake from Alfio Di Mauro, tour guide based in Sicily (from Sept. 2012 funder)
- Carl Franz and Lorena Havens have authored The People's Guide to Mexico since 1972. It's now out in its 14th edition.
- There are short interviews with Francesca Caruso, Lisa Anderson, Nina Bernardo and Alfio Di Mauro in the tour section of our website
- Francesca Caruso's website includes her contact information.
- The free My Tracks GPS phone app caller Brad mentioned.
Program 339 Extra #1 - Carl Franz recalls an early experience trying to speak Spanish to a policeman in Mexico, plus Rick, Carl and Lorena recall the speed bumps on the roads in the Yucatan. (runs 2:09)
Program 339 Extra #2 - Nina, Lisa, and Francesca contrast the legal issues of getting divorced in Italy versus in the USA, and look at the scenario behind the latest statistics on Italy's low birth rate. (runs 3:06)