Please sign in to post.

travel from Prague to Nuremberg

I thought the best way to get from Prague to Nuremberg is by train. I found a departure time and started to book tickets when I noticed that it includes a bus ticket ... what does than mean? Do the trains only take you so far and then you must take a bus? We will have large suitcases. I also see on this site that the luggage must be placed in an overhead bin on the train, perhaps making it difficult to stash our big suitcases.
Am I better off booking a bus instead of the train? Do the buses have compartments underneath for bags?

Posted by
3 posts

When I looked for buses to complete this trip I didn't see buses like this? What site would I use to book this bus?

Posted by
19110 posts

The direct express bus between Nürnberg and Prague is run by German Rail. You can book it directly online from the German Rail (Bahn) website. With sufficient advance purchase, fares are as low as 19€/P. There is also an express bus between Munich and Prague for as low as 29€/P. There are also direct and one change (Schwandorf) trains between Prague and Nürnberg/Munich. The trains take a little longer, but you can use regional passes (Bayern-Ticket and Bayern-Böhmen-Tickets) with no advance purchase.

Posted by
4637 posts

Bus is more like train than bus. It has a bathroom and also snack and beverage service. Lower deck is first class and upper deck is a second class. The bus goes all the way on freeway and nonstop. It's faster than any train between Nurnberg and Prague.

Posted by
3 posts

I want to thank all who have provided me with information concerning the trip from Prague to Nuremberg. This has been a learning experience and your help is most valuable.
Linda