Join Rick's live Monday Night Travel party! Experience the fun, conviviality, intimacy, and spontaneity as Rick screens a new episode from Season 11 of Rick Steves' Europe and shares his personal, inspirational, and sometimes hilarious behind-the-scenes commentary.
- Europe's Top Musical Moments with Rick Steves
Monday, March 1 at 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Join Rick for his favorite European musical moments: enjoying Edvard Grieg fjordside in Norway, sharing the bench with Europe's top pipe organist in Paris' Church of Saint-Sulpice, waltzing to the three-four beat of Johann Strauss in Vienna, remembering Mozart in Salzburg, and being swept away by flamenco in Spain — topped off by Rick all dressed up to introduce a rousing performance of Ode to Joy. And we'll enjoy a special treat when Rick demonstrates at his own piano (with a little Scarlatti, Mozart, Chopin, and Debussy) how music held hands with the visual arts as it evolved through the ages. This evening we'll eat like Mozart or Beethoven would have in Vienna: Wienerwurst (Vienna sausages) with horseradish, white asparagus, boiled potatoes, and a spritely bottle of Grüner Veltliner white wine. For dessert? Apfelstrudel.
We have more than 90 video travel classes about destinations, travel skills, and more! Check out this week's featured class:
- Germany & Austria with Rick Steves
In this travel lecture, Rick Steves takes us on a scenic tour of the heart of Europe. In Germany we'll learn about the poetic Rhine, Romantic Road, and Bavaria's fantasy castles and favorite beers; and in Austria we'll visit Mozart's Salzburg, the blue Danube, and stately Vienna.
In-person travel classes are suspended until further notice.
Our team of guides inspire, educate, and stoke travel dreams with passion and creativity. While the Marketplace is a world of travel fun and inspiration, we also feature our Picks of the Week.
- Sunday, February 28 at 8 p.m. Portugal's Art and Architecture; Breakfast with Polygamists; Jack London's Yukon
Rick Steves' Europe on KCTS Channel 9
- Tuesday, February 23 at 7:00 p.m. Florence: Heart of the Renaissance
- Tuesday, February 23 at 7:30 p.m. Florentine Delights and Tuscan Side Trips
Rick Steves' Europe on KCTS CREATE Comcast Channel 336 or Digital 9.3
- Tuesday, February 23 at 7:00 p.m. Andalucía, Gibraltar and Tangier
- Wednesday, February 24 at 7:00 p.m. Oslo
- Thursday, February 25 at 7:00 p.m. Norway's West: Fjords, Mountains and Bergen
- Friday, February 26 at 3:00 p.m. Stockholm
- Saturday, February 27 at 3:00 p.m. Helsinki and Tallinn: Baltic Sisters
- Monday, March 1 at 7:00 p.m. Galicia and the Camino de Santiago
- Tuesday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m. Basque Country
We're temporarily closed until further notice.