Please sign in to post.

Lake Como accomodations

I will be traveling to Lake Como in a couple months. Thinking of staying in Varenna for a couple nights. Can anyone suggest a hotel or B&B in that area? Looking for a place that will accomodate 7 adults- clean, reputable and reasonably priced. Thanks!

Posted by
151 posts

You can check out a website LakeComohomes.com. They have many apartments or villas that you can rent for as little or long as you like. They have rentals all over the lake including Varenna and I would highly recommend them. The site tells you the price, availablity along with photos and location. Everything we ever rented was very clean and more economical than a hotel. Have fun!

Posted by
151 posts

You can check out a website LakeComohomes.com. They have many apartments or villas that you can rent for as little or long as you like. They have rentals all over the lake including Varenna and I would highly recommend them. The site tells you the price, availablity along with photos and location. Everything we ever rented was very clean and more economical than a hotel. Have fun!

Posted by
22 posts

I looked on the enternet on where to stay and here are the results.

.Villa d'Este
.Du Lac
.Grand Hotel Menaggio
.Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
.Milano

Top 5 on the this website travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/italy/lake-
there are more hotels too, hope this helps:)

Posted by
22 posts

.Villa d'Este
.Du Lac
.Grand Hotel Menaggio
.Milano

Top 5 on the this website travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/italy/lake-como

Posted by
22 posts

.Villa d'Este
.Du Lac
.Grand Hotel Menaggio
.Milano

Top 5 on the this website travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/italy/lake-como/hotels.html

Posted by
22 posts

.Villa d'Este
.Du Lac
.Grand Hotel Menaggio
.Milano

Top 5 on the this website travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/europe/italy/lake-como/hotels.html
hope this helps:)

Posted by
32206 posts

Shelly,

Have a look in the Italy Guidebook, if you have a copy available. There's a good cross section of listings there.

A couple you might have a look at would be Albergo Olivedo, Albergo Milano, Villa Cipressi or Hotel Royal Victoria. All of those are in Varenna. I stayed at Albergo Olivedo on my last visit and had a wonderful time. It's right across from the Ferry dock (PA noise in the daytime), but I found the atmosphere interesting. Laura's Ravioli is incredible!

The Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni mentioned in the (numerous) previous posts is actually in Bellagio, which is about a 20-minute Ferry ride from Varenna. It's a VERY upscale Hotel, so if you're on a budget you might want to keep that in mind. I'd suggest you stay with the original plan to base in Varenna, as it's wonderful (I can hardly wait to return!).

Happy travels!

Posted by
2 posts

Varenna is one of my favourite places. I imagine most small hotels will be shut up to early April. I agree with Shelly, we tried lakecomohomes.com and they have a brand new set of apartments up the hill called Vista D'oro. Spectacular views, but need a car....

Otherwise try the "discover" set of websites (eg. discoverCOMO.com) they sometimes have ads on the front pages...

Enjoy. Got some great snow scenes from last week sent to me...

Posted by
2 posts

Dear Sirs, may be i am too late in answering you but i allow me to suggest you this website
www.varennaflats.com
Marilena is the only onw owner born and living in varenna center, she owns and rents her and her relatives apartments.We had a wonderful experience , you can see carefully photos and maps of the properties and read on the guestbook how many cleints spent a holiday in Varenna renting these apartments.(excellent relation between quality and prices).