Please sign in to post.

getting the 30% discount on trenitalia.com

When I go to trenitalia.com to try and buy 3 roma-milano tickets, the website will not let me use the 30% discount fare option for more than one person. Any suggestions? Must I buy 3 separate tickets and hope I can get the seats close together. Speaking of which, does anyone know what the seat layout is? is 52 next to 53 or next to 51 on the Eurostar?

Posted by
881 posts

Lou, if you can get a US credit card to work on there - more power to ya.

Posted by
23278 posts

The problem is that Trenitalia recently changes it's discount rates and patterns and most of us have no experience with the new system. I read that the discounts are not automatic and are limited. You are on your own in this regard.

Posted by
4 posts

chris/frank - when did you have problems with the credit card - have not charged yet - but have gotten to the reservation code phase - have been able to make 3 separate reservatins but cannot get seats together because have to do sepearately.

Posted by
23278 posts

American CC have not worked of the past couple of years. However it appears that a Visa verified card will work and some other cards appear to be working.

Posted by
122 posts

51 and 53 would be next to each other. One one train we took two weeks ago my wife and I sat next to each other in 12 and 18.

Posted by
4 posts

what would be the facing seats to 51 and 53???