Please sign in to post.

Has anyone bought a scottevest jacket (women's)--size tips?

I am wanting to buy the scottevest windbreaker, which is advertised as mens, not sure if it would differ in size from women's--I looked at the sizing chart but it didn't really help me out. I am 5'6, weigh around 170lbs, and wear a woman's medium or large in shirts depending on the brand. Has anyone bought this jacket? I was leaning toward buying a medium but am unsure if it will be too small on me on top of a shirt and full of packed items. Thanks for any help you all can offer! :)

Posted by
10344 posts

This jacket has been reviewed here recent, and here are those reviews/discussions

click here

Posted by
20 posts

thanks kent, I did search the boards already--I was actually looking for those with personal experience as to the size/fit of scottevest jackets---particularly the windbreaker and as far as I can see there have been no posts about that.

Posted by
10344 posts

Wow, we must be winning the battle--someone (you) is actually searching the boards before asking a question. This doesn't usually happen here, so I'm impressed!:-)

Not sure you saw the comment about the size/fit, from JER on Aug 7th, one of the discussions I had linked you to:

"PS The vests run small. You might guess larger than usual on the jacket size."

Posted by
124 posts

I have the scottevest vest (not the jacket) in medium and it does fit tight, especially with a shirt underneath. I wish that I had bought a large, I'm 5'3 and about 140lbs, so I thought medium would work - I can't fit as much as I would like into it.

Posted by
20 posts

thanks for the input debbie!---you sold me on the large, which I was already leaning towards :)