Please sign in to post.

To Much Time spent in Barcelona ?? Need Help

I will be traveling to Barcelona with my wife in eptember Rick does notdedicate much time in his recomended itinery to Barcelona. We can only travel to Sain for 6 nights we were planin n spending all 6 nights in Barcelona and take day trips to some f the surrounding towns. What do you think will we be bored in Barcelona ?

Posted by
147 posts

I don't like spending so much time in one place IF I haven't seen all of a country. I'd rather break it up some, like 3 in Madrid and 3 in Barcelona.

Posted by
13 posts

I don't think you'd be bored there, but I agree with the above - three in Barcelona and then three in Madrid might be better. You can see a lot in Barcelona in three days - I think it just depends on what you'd like to see, as the coast around Barcelona is lovely, but I've heard Madrid is a must-see. Either way - Spain in September should be lovely!
Happy travels,
kathleen

Posted by
1455 posts

We stayed 3 days in Barcelona and felt it was adequate. Madrid is a quick plane ride away and is very different than Barcelona.

You'll love Barcelona for the Gaudi influence. Madrid is wonderful but different with a more historical feel.

Either way, you won't be bored in Barcelona. There's a lot to do there, and the city is so complex you will find lots to do!

Posted by
55 posts

we were in madrid for 4 nights and Barcelona for 5. You could easily spend 6 nights in Barcelona as long as you do some day trips. We went to Sitges (in rick's book) for a day and laid on the beach and loved it. There were some really fun day trips north of barcelona in his book that would be worth while, we just didn't have the time. Madrid was great and yes a super quick plane trip away. our one way flight on span-air was 80e for the 2 us which included all the taxes. it's just up to you and how much traveling you want to do and money as well. Have fun!

Posted by
9 posts

Will be in Barcelona for seven days in October. Would love to have any info you get about what would be good to see while there. I'm hoping that a week won't be too long. I've heard it's an exciting city to visit.

Posted by
324 posts

Really, it all depends on how you like to travel. Personally, I'd spend a couple of days in and around BCN (Sitges for the beach, Tarragona for the ruins and laid back feel, Montserrat for the mountains) and then maybe head up the coast a bit for a completely different experience. I like L'Escala (good hostels and a nice beach) Cadeques for the Dali museum, Cap de Creus for the view (also has a great hostel, but nearly impossible to get a room without reservations) L'Emporda (more ruins, a magnificent Greek/Phoenician/Roman town, very well preserved) and Besalu for the medieval experience. I think that with only 6 days to spend, it'd be sad to waste time traveling to Madrid.