Please sign in to post.

Meeting Point in Frankfurt Airport

Can anyone suggest a good meeting point at the Frankfurt airport? I've always had my group with me but this time may be taking separate flights. I'll be flying Delta and they'll be on USAir arriving about 45 minutes apart with them arriving first. I want to be sure we don't spend part of the morning trying to locate each other. We could meet at the rental car area but I can't remember if there's more than one. Thanks!

Posted by
1556 posts

Just look at the FRA airport website and find the meeting spots and pick one. I like the one in the main arrivals just before the escalators that lead to the train station. This should work regardless if you arrive at A, B, or C.

Posted by
8947 posts

There is only one "Meeting Point" in each terminal, with signs pointing the way. This is the easiest place to meet people. The best part is that there is a great cafe next to the "Meeting Point" in Terminal 1, called Marche'. The make their own bread products and it always smells heavenly there. This is in Hall B and the escalators going down to the Regional train station are near by.

Posted by
676 posts

Since you're both coming from the US, you'll probably come in the same gate, I want to say Terminal 2. I've done it lots but...anyway, there are chairs right there when you get out of customs that you can meet at, and then right across from the chairs is a little cafe. I'd hit the bathrooms as needed, they're close and you can wash up a bit in a big place than airplane bathrooms, then go to the cafe and get a coffee. You can't miss the chairs or the cafe, even tho you'll be sleep deprived.

Posted by
1 posts

Not so simple. There are two terminals. Terminal 1 has hall A,B,C and there are two levels and maybe some down below. Terminal 2 has Hall D and E (do a Google search search for "Frankurt airport map"). Most international passengers get dumped out on the lower level of Hall B (international arrivals)(good meeting point #1, they actually have a place called "meeting point" right there too and the people meeting you can also see whether your flight is arriving on time) go up the escalator or elevator to departures and look for a information booth, shouldn't be more than 30 meters away from the top of the escalators (good meeting point #2). If you go outside on level 1 there is a little McDonalds right on the road between Hall B and C. That is a good meeting spot for a "drive by" pick up. Terminal 2, however is quite a bit away but there is a sky rail to get you from Terminal 1 to 2 (and back). Been going there off an on for 30 years. The place is huge, the approach roads look like a doily on the map and it it is always a bit stressfull there. Make sure you pad some time there.

Posted by
8947 posts

You do not have to go upstairs from Arrival Hall B to find the information booth. There is one right there between B1 and B2. Once you arrive, there is no real reason to go up or down anywhere, if you arrive in terminal 1. Just follow the signs to the "Meeting Point".

Terminal 2 also has just one designated "Meeting Point".

If you want to go to Terminal 1, simply follow the signs for the sky train. Escalator up, get on the monorail that comes every 2 minutes, ride it for another 2 min. and then take the escalator down. If you need to get to the arrival halls and the Meeting Point in Terminal 1, I would just follow the signs to "Arrivals".

Posted by
316 posts

Thanks for all the suggestions. We should be able to decide on one once we have arrival gates for both flights. It looks, though, that we may be in different terminals. I've always gone directly to the train or car rental because I had everyone with me. As long as I have a designated meeting place that's easy for them to locate, I'll find them. Thanks again!