Please sign in to post.

Alpe Di Siusi experts wanted!

Hey all, I am wondering about specific travel throughout the alpe di siusi. I will be staying at the Hotel Santner next June with, among others, my elderly mother. It is my understanding that driving in the alpe di siusi is not allowed during the day unless you are arriving or leaving your hotel. I am wondering, specifically, how I might get my group from the hotel to Compatsch or Castelrotto for a daytrip, without hiking to and from a cablecar location? My mother has limited mobility, and a mile hike either way is out of the question. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Posted by
16414 posts

A good shuttle bus service replaces car travel during the daytime. As I recall it runs every 30 minutes or perhaps more frequently. We rode the bus from Compatsch to Saltria. The stop there was at the big hotel-I'd have to look at a map to find the name, but it shouldn't be far from Hotel Santner. Or maybe it was Hotel Santner! The buses are large and very comfortable, but you want to be sure your mom gets a seat instead of standing room. People didn't seem to respect a queue and kind of crowded onto the bus. You might be able to avoid that by making small talk with the people waiting for the bus with you.

Posted by
850 posts

When you stop at Compatsch to get your pass to drive up to your hotel tell the person of your situation with your mother and they may give you permission to drive back down. If not to Compatsch maybe they would if you were going to Castelrotto. Worth a try.