Please sign in to post.

biking outside or Rome

Hi, My daughter will be celebrating her 11 birthday in Rome this August and the only thing she says she wants to do that day is to go on a bike tour. I know biking in Rome might not be the safest thing, but does anybody know of a bike tour on the outskirts of Rome that we could do? Thanks!

Posted by
23342 posts

If on a Sunday, you can do a very nice and peaceful ride along the Appian Way. Even walking in Rome is risky.

Posted by
20 posts

Thanks for the postings. Unfortunately we will not be there on a Sunday, but we have decided to do a bike ride at the Appian Way. Do you think this is something we can easily do on our own or should we take a bike tour? If a bike tour do you have any recommendations?

Posted by
515 posts

The park is large and the interesting things are spread out. If you can find a tour (I've never looked for one) that would be a good way to eliminate the hassle factor, especially with a young cyclist. I'm sure that The Google can find several bike tour companies that do the Park.

Posted by
515 posts

Just noticed that my posting about the dangerous way into the Park implies, incorrectly, that there is just one way into the Park. There are plenty more than just one, and some are pedestrian friendly. But the walk from Porta di San Sebastiano in one that I never will attempt a second time.

Posted by
20 posts

Any suggestions on a hill top town to go to and where to bike? I want it to be fun and safe.