Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia unable to buy tickets for September

I am attempting to buy tickets for train travel on Sept 22nd. I am within the 4 month time frame as of today. I have per-registered, but its saying i am not registered, even after i get a email confirmation indicting i am registered. I also try to book without signing in and i still get the "siamo spiancenti Ma e'avvenuto un errore imprevisto!" I am not 100% sure what it means.
thanks for your help

Posted by
23341 posts

What are you trying to book? Are you using the English site? You should be getting your messages in English. You are getting some type of unexpected error. My first guess is the schedule is not available. I thought trenitalia was available only 90 days out. Second, it you are only using Regional trains, they would not be available for advance purchase till the week before.

Posted by
15 posts

thanks for the info, i am using the English site, since its a error message, they might not have coded for English. Its not for regional trains, i have been reading extensively differnt websites and rick steves, that regional need to be booked day off or before. It gives me rates and schld, etc. I know when attempting to book last week it would show the payment option as, needs to be within 4 months. I want to take advantage of the mini fares. so that is why i am booking now.

Posted by
16397 posts

September 22 is more than 120 days out from now. That may be the reason. Try again in a few days.

Posted by
6 posts

Hi there, the error translates as "We are sorry but there has been an internal error." Is not a problem of dates of your travel otherwise you would have get the message "It's not possible to buy a travel solution if the departure date is 4 months after current date." I took a look around and I've found some italian travelers frustrated for the same issue with the mini-fares.
Good luck!

Posted by
4408 posts

FYI, I don't know what they've done to Trenitalia.com, but (banging head against wall)... Of course, All Children of the Earth were singing its praises for the last year...I just thought it would last longer, somehow :-( If it ain't broke...break it (apparently).

Posted by
9 posts

Are you using firefox. I had that problem a few days ago and then I switched to internet explorer and it worked fine.

Posted by
15 posts

I have attempted using both Firefox and explorer. still does not work

Posted by
15 posts

9/24/12 Vernazza to Florence. all regional trains except from La Spezia Central to Pisa Central. 9/25 Florence to Rome, Firenza S.M. Novella to Roma Terminia 9/28 Rome Terminia to Sorrento. I believe i can only reserve route from Rome to Naples 10/1 Sorrento back to rome, only able to book from naples to rome.

Posted by
8700 posts

Vernazza-Firenze: Trenitalia only allows booking tickets for regional trains up to seven days in advance. And there's no advantage in doing so because there is open seating, no reservations are possible, and there are no discount fares. If you want to get a discount fare on the IC train from La Spezia Centrale to Pisa Centrale, you could book tickets today for that leg; but you'll only save a couple of euro. Waiting to buy your tickets in Vernazza will work fine. Firenze-Roma: Booking is possible today for 25 September. Roma-Sorrento: You'll have to wait a few days to book Roma Termini-Napoli Centrale. Buy your tickets for the Circumvesuviana from Napoli Centrale to Sorrento when you get to Napoli. Sorrento-Roma: Buy your Circumvesuviana tickets in Sorrento. Wait until at least 1 June to book Napoli-Roma.

Posted by
15 posts

Well it seems like the old booking site has now changed to the new one, as of today. (www.fsitaliane.it), I am glad to be able to book a portion of my trip by train, but now having struggles again. any more suggestions?

Posted by
8700 posts

If you give us the dates and routes for your other train rides, we'll do our best to help you.

Posted by
15 posts

thanks for the info, i have been to his site before, but had not seen this info. I just went to the trenitali website and was able to buy a couple more legs to my adventure. so it looks like the site is working again.