Please sign in to post.

Short Term Apartment Rentals

Is there a rental company/website you would recommend for finding an apartment in London? We are going to be spending 2 weeks in June and would like to stay fairly central (no more than 15 min. out by tube). We are only needing a good bed, small kitchen/kitchenette and private bath. We don't need fancy, but personality is a plus. Thanks for any advice you can give, Kris

Posted by
3428 posts

Check out renting apartments and university accomodations. The London School of Economics rents spare dorm rooms and apartments to tourists. www.lsevacations.co.uk/ and www.lsetopfloor.co.uk/ When we were taking our kids to London we used Citadines www.citadines.com/ both Citadines and LSE have multiple central locations in London. I have read good things about VRBO (Vaction rentals by owner) also.

Posted by
8693 posts

Vancouver Studio Apartments in Bayswater or check on airbnb.com

Posted by
1014 posts

I have used Airbnb to some success. Also, http://www.homelidays.com/ is a good source of apartments. On all searches, be aware that what you see and what they say is it. Do not assume . . . .

Posted by
6538 posts

We've used homeaway.com in Paris and various US places, I'm sure it would work well in London. There are many places that would meet your criteria.

Posted by
24 posts

We have a week booked in October at http://www.vrbo.com/270611. It's small and simple but the price is right, the location is near the British Museum and St. Pancras when we depart for Paris. I'll provide feedback when we return.

Posted by
92 posts

Hi Kris, I would check out www.homeaway.co.uk for what you are looking for. I have booked with them for my upcoming trip and based on all the reviews and recommendations you get it's a brilliant site. You get to choose whatever area you are looking for and more often than not are dealing with the owners rather than a rental company. They take a small deposit up front and then you pay the balance in cash when you arrive and everything is fully equiped, so you don't have to miss out on anything. They are self-catered apartments, so its a home away from home and you just have to buy your own food or eat out..lol :)
Linzi

Posted by
24 posts

Hi Kris, We use vrbo.com when we travel. We've rented apts * houses all over Europe & the US and have never been disappointed. They've many sizes/prices. You should be able to find one to fit your budget.