Please sign in to post.

Vatican museums & sistine chapell

Can someone help me, I need to book Tickets for the vatican museums (is the sistine Chapel included in these) could someone help me with a link as i am finding it hard to understand the website. i understand from reading on here that you just make reservations and pay with your voucher email?? is this correct, how will I know where to collect? Also do i skip the lines this way? how much is it where I get there per person (adult) Thanking you all in advance. kitty

Posted by
4152 posts

This is the official website to book entry tickets. It's very straight forward. http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?weblang=en&do The Sistine Chapel is part of the museums so it is covered by your entry ticket. You cannot pay online anymore so all you do is make the reservation online and pay when you get to the Vatican. You will be sent a confirmation email which you take with you to the entrance of the museums. Once inside you go to the special desk to pay for the tickets. Your tickets allow you to skip the lines outside. Adults are 20 euros each. Donna

Posted by
15582 posts

First you go through security, then you enter the ticketing area and entrance to the museums. When I was there, there was a separate (and much shorter) line through security for people with reservations. Be prepared to pay for the tickets in cash, they don't always take credit cards.

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you for your help, and Chapel with two L's was a Typo :) Regards Kitty

Posted by
52 posts

Is the cost of the ticket the same if it is reserved online versus bought on-site? Also, if reservations are made online, do they have to be for a specific day and/or time?
Thanks!

Posted by
12 posts

Hi I believe the price is the same, as you cannot pay online anymore, when you reserve it is giving me a month and year, I believe they send you an email closer to the date, with times etc.

Posted by
12 posts

Hi I believe the price is the same, as you cannot pay online anymore, when you reserve it is giving me a month and year, I believe they send you an email closer to the date, with times etc.

Posted by
4152 posts

There is a reservation fee for booking online. It brings the cost to 20 euros but allows you to bypass the lines outside which can be over an hour (sometimes 2) long. You must choose a date and time when you book online and the tickets are only good for that day. If you get there late for your reservation they have the right to make you wait in line. donna

Posted by
19 posts

I think after you pick a day and month and go Next, it then gives you the avaialable times Russell