Each year, we fund a diverse portfolio of climate-smart nonprofits that meet the parameters of our program. Accordingly, we welcome grant requests from any US-based, tax-exempt organization that focuses on one of the following:
- Helping people in the developing world adapt, live, and work in ways that contribute less to climate change and strengthen their communities
- Lobbying the US government for climate-smart policies
- June 1 - July 31, 2021: Letter of Interest (LOI) submission phase
- September 1 - 30, 2021: Detailed submission phase
- November 2021: Funding disbursed
In order to reduce the burden on organizations seeking funding, as well as our burden in screening applications, the application process consists of two phases:
Phase One: Letter of Interest (LOI) Application - Closed as of July 31, 2021.
Eligible organizations explain (250 words max) how they will smartly invest our funds in accordance with the values and goals of our Climate Smart Commitment program. (The only way to be considered for a grant is to submit an LOI through our online application form. There is a limit of one LOI per organization.)
Phase Two: Detailed Submission
If an organization matches our values and goals, and we’re interested in exploring funding opportunities, they'll be invited to submit a more detailed application. An additional list of requirements will be provided at that time.