Listen to Rick and Boston Public Radio (GBH) hosts Jim Braude and Margery Eagan's new monthly segment, Day Tripping with Rick Steves. Hear how Rick's employing his "traveler's spirit" at home during the pandemic and his take on the future of European travel. Each interview is filled with fun, insights, and inspiration. Here's the full library of interviews.
April 2021: Step Aside, Bellingham 'Hippies': Rick Steves Has A Marijuana Message For The Squares
Rick talks about "420" in popular culture, how he brings a European sensibility to discussions around marijuana legalization, and why the effort to legalize is about protecting civil liberties and fighting racism.
Plus, in honor of Earth Week, Rick discusses his self-imposed carbon tax, the Rick Steves' Europe Climate Smart Commitment. And, he shares details on an upcoming travel special that's good for the soul, where strangers are recognized as friends we've yet to meet.
- Looking To Book A Rick Steves' Europe Tour This Summer? You May Have To Wait A Little Longer (March 2021)
- Why You'll Likely Need a 'Vaccine Passport' to Travel in the Near Future (February 2021)
- Rick Steves on the 'Most Beautiful Souvenir' and What We're All Missing in Quarantine (January 2021)
- Travel Expert Rick Steves Cautions Against Vacationing in the New Year (December 2020)
- Rick Steves: 2020 Election Choice Is 'More Fundamental than Partisan Politics' (October 2020)
- Amending Your Ethnocentrism with Rick Steves (September 2020)
- Rick Steves on Applying the 'Traveler's Mindset' While Staying Local (August 2020)
- Rick Steves: The EU Keeps Its Borders Closed to American Travelers (July 2020)
- Modern-Day 'Wanna-Be Dictators' Mimic 1930s Fascism, Says Rick Steves (June 2020)
- Rick Steves Talks Travel Writing, Piano, and the Slow Return of European Travel (May 2020)