Need help with the app? Check our FAQ.
Rick Steves Audio Europe is a work in progress. New audio tracks are typically added every three months and existing tracks are updated as necessary. Be sure to enable Notifications for this app to get the latest updates.
- Apple® device running iOS 8 or higher
- Android device running Android 4.1 or higher
- A Wi-Fi or cellphone connection is required to download audio files
- Minor bug fixes for iOS (May 2018) and Android (Sep 2018)
- Added SD card support for Android devices
- The app has been rebuilt on a new platform to aid stability and functionality. We've streamlined the navigation, updated the design with larger images and easy-to-tap buttons, reorganized the playlist displays so all your saved tracks are on a single screen, and added a "Listen" button directly within the "Add Tracks" screen to launch tracks you've already downloaded. Fixed Android version to work on 4.0 or higher.
Version 2.2 is no longer available.
Q. I have Audio Europe version 2.0 on my Android device but it no longer allows me to add tracks. How can I add/download new tracks?
A: On July 1, 2016, we decommissioned Android version 2.0 and replaced it with version 3.0.1. We were unable to provide an automatic update, so you need to download version 3.0.1 if you want to add new tracks to your device. You may continue to use version 2.0 and listen to the items in your playlist for as long as you like. However, we recommend that you start from scratch and download version 3.0.1 and build new playlists.
Q: I can't install Audio Europe onto my Apple® device. Help!
A: We have another way to help, but unfortunately, once Apple no longer supports older devices, the app will not work on those devices. We do, however, have all the same great content available for listening on Soundcloud. We also make our audio tours available as mp3 downloads.
We'll respond to your frequently asked questions just as soon as they are frequently asked!
Need technical help? Ask the webmaster.