Rick Steves Audio Europe™ Support
Need help with the app? Check our FAQ.
Rick Steves Audio Europe is a work in progress. New audio tracks are typically added every three months and existing tracks are updated as necessary. Be sure to enable Notifications for this app to get the latest updates.
Active Bug: Empty Playlist
5/31/2022: Apple iOS users may find after update 4.1 in May 2022 that their Playlist was cleared. This was an unfortunate side effect of fixing another issue, as the file location where the app must look for audio had to be changed. You simply need to re-download any audio tracks you wish to use. We have reviewed our processes to ensure that this doesn't happen again.
We sincerely apologize for any frustration, and hope that you'll enjoy the audio tours and interviews available in our Audio Europe app despite needing to re-download some files.
- Apple® device running iOS 10 or higher
- Android device running Android 4.4 or higher
- A Wi-Fi or cellphone connection is required to download audio files
- Fixed a battery-drain bug that can arise on Apple versions of the app
- We have set the app to automatically shut off (not just lay dormant in the background like most apps) after one hour of non-use. This is to help those who did not understand how to remove our app's media controls from their lock screen — an important feature for in-situ audio playback — which was leading some to delete the app altogether
- Various updates for Android
- Fixed a bug affecting playback after the screen turns off
- Added support for newer devices
- iOS 15 compatibility
- Various bug fixes
- Minor bug fixes for iOS (May 2018) and Android (Sep 2018)
- Added SD card support for Android devices
- Requires Apple devices to run iOS 8 or higher
- Requires Android devices to run Android 4.1 or higher
- The app has been rebuilt on a new platform to aid stability and functionality. We've streamlined the navigation, updated the design with larger images and easy-to-tap buttons, reorganized the playlist displays so all your saved tracks are on a single screen, and added a "Listen" button directly within the "Add Tracks" screen to launch tracks you've already downloaded. Fixed Android version to work on 4.0 or higher.
Version 2.2 is no longer available.
Q. I have Audio Europe version 2.0 on my Android device but it no longer allows me to add tracks. How can I add/download new tracks?
A: On July 1, 2016, we decommissioned Android version 2.0 and replaced it with version 3.0.1. We were unable to provide an automatic update, so you need to download version 3.0.1 if you want to add new tracks to your device. You may continue to use version 2.0 and listen to the items in your playlist for as long as you like. However, we recommend that you start from scratch and download version 3.0.1 and build new playlists.
Q: I can't install Audio Europe onto my Apple® device. Help!
A: We have another way to help, but unfortunately, once Apple no longer supports older devices, the app will not work on those devices. We do, however, have all the same great content available for listening on Soundcloud. We also make our audio tours available as mp3 downloads.
We'll respond to your frequently asked questions just as soon as they are frequently asked!
Need technical help? Ask the webmaster.