Now Playing on Travel with Rick Steves
Program 729: A Pilot's View; Cuba 2023; Traveling Again, Part 2
Release Date: 09-30-2023
Commercial pilot and very frequent flier Mark Vanhoenacker shares stories from his many brief excursions to cities around the world. Then Cuba travel expert Christopher P. Baker discusses how the island has been faring since the pandemic shut down its tourism industry and relays the latest on government requirements for Americans interested in visiting. And Rick hears from more listeners who've been resuming — and adjusting — their international adventures post-pandemic.
- Pilot Mark Vanhoenacker, author of "Imagine A City" (Knopf)
- Christopher P Baker, author of the National Geographic Traveler Cuba guidebook
- Mark Vanhoenacker is the author of "Imagine a City: A Pilot's Journey Across the Urban World."
- Christopher P. Baker's website includes links to his travel writing, photography, and information about his tour guiding in Cuba and Colombia. He also authored the 5th edition of the "National Geographic Traveler Cuba" guidebook.
- Chris is also the author of the roadtrip guide "Perfect Day California: Daily Itineraries for the Discerning Traveler."
- The U.S. Embassy in Cuba outlines requirements for U.S. citizens to visit Cuba.