Now Playing on Travel with Rick Steves
Program 677: Parisians; Heart of Italy; The Scent Trail
Release Date: 05-21-2022
Author Graham Robb describes a few of the extraordinary historical characters of Paris. Then vintner and tour guide Cecilia Bottai shares tips for planning a getaway to the relaxed "green heart" of central Italy. And author Celia Lyttelton tells us how she traveled the world to find the ingredients for making her very own custom perfume.
- Graham Robb, author of "France: An Adventure History" and "Parisians: An Adventure History" (W. W. Norton)
- Vintner and tour guide Cecilia Bottai
- Celia Lyttelton, author of “The Scent Trail” (Berkley)
- Graham Robb is the author of "Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris." His latest title "France: An Adventure History" is scheduled to be released in early July, 2022. Graham's earlier book "The Discovery of France" earned him the prestigious Order of Arts and Letters from the government of France when it was first released in 2007. Rick discusses it with Graham on Travel with Rick Steves program #371 from July, 2014.
- Cecilia Bottai manages her family winery Tenuta Le Velette, near Orvieto, in the Umbria region of Italy. Winery tours require advance booking, and have been highly rated on Trip Advisor.
- Celia Lyttelton documents her global search for ingredients to include in a custom perfume blend in her book "The Scent Trail." Celia also posts to Facebook.
More with Cecilia Bottai - Italian tour guide Cecilia Bottai responds to a Brooklyn, New York listener's disappointment at finding only paid-access to beaches near Rome. (runs 1:14)