Program 266a: Sojourning Further; Being Human; Turkish Nomads
Release Date: 11-23-2013
- Rev. Jim Wallis, CEO of the non-profit organization Sojourners, and author of "Rediscovering Values: A Guide for Economic and Moral Recovery" (Howard Books)
- Christopher Wills, Professor of Biological Sciences and member of the Center for Molecular Genetics at the University of California San Diego, and author of "The Darwinian Tourist" (Oxford Univ. Press)
- Ayşegül Ünlü, tour guide from Turkey
- Dispatch from Portugal filed by bicycle adventurer Willie Weir
- Jim Wallis is the Chief Executive Officer and Editor-In-Chief of the non-profit Sojourners.
- He writes periodic blog entries in the God's Politics blog on the Sojourners website.
- Christopher Wills is professor emeritus at the University of San Diego's Division of Biological Sciences.
- Christopher Wills is published by Oxford University Press. His newest book is called "Green Equilibrium." The book he discusses with Rick is "The Darwinian Tourist."
- Ayşegül Ünlü recommends the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art, on the Hippodrome in Istanbul, for its displays on traditional societies in Turkey.
- Willie Weir's website includes a link to his latest book of travel essays, "Travels with Willie" and his Yellow Tent Adventures blog.
High school travel group
Four countries in six short days
Where is Taco Bell?
— Karen Bray, Columbus, Indiana
Travel with adult child
No more burgers to eat
When can I stop footing the bill?
— Annetta Miller, Marion, Illinois
Big Ben, The Tate, Shakespeare's Globe.
We mainly do pubs.
— Imozelle McVeigh, Chula Vista, California