Program 285: Italian Food Culture; The Perfect Tuscan Picnic
Release Date: 05-05-2012
Italian food expert Fred Plotkin takes American visitors deeper into the culture of enjoying a good meal, and tour guide Jamie Blair Gould from Lucca helps listeners assemble ingredients for the perfect Tuscan picnic, complete with a picture postcard view.
- Fred Plotkin, author of "Italy for the Gourmet Traveler" (Kyle Books)
- Jamie Blair Gould, tour guide based in Lucca, Italy
- Closing essay from bicycle adventurer Willie Weir
- Fred Plotkin's website includes a link to the revised edition of Italy for the Gourmet Traveler.
- Fred was a guest blogger with a Q and A series for the New York Times
- In the web extra, Fred recommends the Caffè Pedrocchi as a good caffè storico in Padova, and Zingerma's in Ann Arbor, Michigan as a domestic source for authentic traditional balsamic vinegar from Italy.
- Jamie Blair Gould recommends the morning Mercato Centrale as one of the best places for fresh produce in Florence.
- Bicycle adventurer Willie Weir's website includes a link to his latest book of travel essays, "Travels with Willie," and a blog about his recent advevntures.