Program 288: Visiting the Mundo Maya; A Walk Across Prague
Release Date: 06-02-2012
Get tips for visiting evocative pre-Columbian sites. Learn how you can be a houseguest of today's Mayans, too. Plus, Rick joins a guide from Prague for a walking tour of the charmingly preserved "Golden City of 500 Spires," where sightseeing is fueled by some of Europe's best beer.
- Travel writer Josh Berman, author of the "Maya 2012" guidebook (Moon Publications)
- Prague-based tour guide Katerina Svobodova
- Joshua Berman's website includes his blog, "The Tranquilo Traveler"
- Josh is also writing a blog about the Mundo Maya in 2012 for Moon Publications.
- The Moon "Maya 2012" guidebook, is authored by Josh Berman.
- Katerina Svobodova's website includes contact information for guided walking tours of Prague.
- Rick and Katerina discuss the work of Czech art nouveau painter Alphonse Mucha in today's program. Wikipedia has information about the artist, photos of some of his works, and a link to a Czech-language website for Moravský Krumlov, where his works have been displayed.
- Food blogger Nancy Lopez-McHugh writes about visiting the Strahov Monastery Brewery in Prague on the Honest Cooking website. It's the venue Katka recommends at the end of her interview for a good beer with a nice view of "The Golden City of 500 Spires."
Happy hammock harmony
Ruins and jaguars call.
- Linda Connor, Tulsa
Temple of the Sun
Feeling the rock’s history
- Xenia Torres Robertson, Ponca City, Oklahoma
Footprints by the sea.
When wind blows over them, they
slowly walk away.
- Claire J Baker, walking the beach at San Carlos, Mexico