Program 290: The Ballpark Boys; Chasing the Sun
Release Date: 06-16-2012
Before embarking on their college careers, the "Ballpark Boys," a group of lifelong friends from Seattle, planned an epic roadtrip across the USA, to attend a game at every major leage baseball stadium in the country. Hear how they did it and which ballparks were their favorites. Plus, Richard Cohen chased the sun around the world for seven years. He shares discoveries of the many curious ways the sun impacts life on planet Earth.
- Kellan Larson and Travis Smith, two of the young roadtripping "Ballpark Boys"
- Feature essay from bike adventurer Willie Weir
- Richard Cohen, author of "Chasing the Sun" (Random House)
- Bicycle adventurer Willie Weir includes a blog and photos from his travels on his website
- Publisher's information about Richard Cohen's book "Chasing the Sun: The Epic Story of the Star That Gives us Life"
- Richard Cohen reads about his summer solstice climb on Mt. Fuji, from his book "Chasing the Sun," on the Vanity Fair website.