Program 294: Pico Iyer: A Traveler's Home is a Verb; Cape Town, South Africa
Release Date: 07-21-2012
Celebrated author, Pico Iyer, shares how going it alone can actually clue you in to the global village that already surrounds you. Also, travel writer Will Hide tells us why Cape Town, South Africa is one of his favorite getaways -- where a pleasant climate, easy access to outdoor adventures, and friendly people are just an overnight flight from London.
- Pico Iyer, author of "The Man Within My Head" (Knopf)
- Travel writer Will Hide
- Pico Iyer's website includes musings and photos from Pico's travels.
- Publisher's page for Pico Iyer's book "The Man Within My Head."
- Conde Nast Traveler has archived articles Pico Iyer has written for the magazine.
- Pico wrote about the joy of quiet in the New York Times.
- The New Camaldoli Hermitage in Big Sur, California is one of Pico's favorite retreat center getaways. It derives from a hermitage in Tuscany, Italy, that is celebrating the millennium of its founding. It also is associated with a facility in India.
- Will Hide writes a blog about his travels on his website.
- Will has written about Cape Town, South Africa for the Guardian in the UK, including the area's adventure sports, such as abseiling and sand boarding.