Program 301: New Favorite Places To See Before You Die; Teaching Art in Kuwait; Northern Germany
Release Date: 09-29-2012
The woman who practically invented the idea of a "bucket list" with her best-seller "One Thousand Places to See Before You Die," updates us on some of her latest favorites around the globe. We'll also meet an American who taught art at a women's college in Kuwait, and hear what the experience taught her. And we'll explore the high points of a visit to Northern Germany.
- Patricia Schultz, author of "One Thousand Places to See Before You Die (2nd edition)," (Workman Publishing)
- Yvonne Pepin Wakefield, author of "Suitcase Filled with Nails" (Book Publishers Network)
- German tour guide Fabian Rueger
- Patricia Schultz's publisher has a website for "1000 Places to See Before You Die."
- Wikipedia lists a summary of topics included in "1000 Places to See Before You Die (second edition)."
- Patricia Schultz attended the Mount Hagen Sing-Sing, which is held each August in the highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- Yvonne Pepin Wakefield has a blog and information on her website about her book "Suitcase Filled with Nails," which describes her years teaching art in Kuwait. It includes a section with photos of the "Women in Abaya" paintings she mentions during her interview with Rick. Her paintings on Kuwaiti themes are scheduled to be displayed at the Larson Gallery at the Yakima Valley Community College in Yakima, Washington from January 11 to March 9, 2013.
- Visitors have ranked their 100 favorites in Germany on the German National Tourist Board's website.
- The "Miniatur Wunderland" in Hamburg includes the largest model railway display in the world.